[Pmwiki-users] Markup...

Christian Ridderström chr
Sat Jan 10 08:52:52 CST 2004

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 03:13:03PM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:

> PmWiki already supports this, albeit with a slightly different syntax:
>
>     * A bullet-item
>     ## An enumerated sub-item
>     ## Another enumerated sub-item
>
> that renders as
>
>     * A bullet item
>         1. An enumerated sub-item
>         2. Another enumerated sub-item

A 'misthink' on my behalf here.. I was thinking about this:

	Markup:				Renders as:
	# An item			1. An item
	:: Text				     Text
	# Another item			1. Another item

however, when I played around on this page:
	http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki?pagename=Test.MixedLists

I noticed that this actually works:

	# An item			1. An item
	::: Text				 Text
	# Another item			2. Another item

Although it's a bit annoying that 'Text' ends up so far to the right, see
the list examples further down on that page.

> It wouldn't be difficult at all to change PmWiki to accept the mixed-symbol
> syntax if we accept the rule that the last character identifies the list
> type.

Hmm... I wonder if the current markup isn't better in that sense... for
some reason I thought that this mixed thing would help the other stuff,
but now I can't see what I was thinking.

/Christian

--
Dr. Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44       http://www.md.kth.se/~chr