[Pmwiki-users] Re: "null characters" or "pattern breaking characters"

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Jan 9 13:41:35 CST 2004

John Rankin had proposed (and uses) backticks (`) as a null token to break
patterns and prevent things from being treated as WikiWords.  The original
thread begins at
http://pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users_pmichaud.com/2003-April/000364.html .
There was also some further discussion in the thread starting at
http://contra.vosn.net/pipermail/pmwiki-users_pmichaud.com/2003-May/000471.html

I like the backtick better than any other sequence or idea I've seen
proposed.  Any comments/suggestions from others?  I'd really be interested
to hear John's comments and experiences on this.

Pm