[Pmwiki-users] New pages using numeric characters

Jonathan Scott Duff duff
Fri Jan 9 08:22:24 CST 2004

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 10:01:01PM -0600, Dawn Green wrote:
> When trying to create a link and new page using a combination of letters and
> numbers, I typed the following:
>
> [[Suite103 Suite 103]]
>
> However, the saved version showed exactly that which I typed.  When creating
> a page by appending 'Suite103' to the end of the URL, the page was created
> just fine.  I was told that in order to force the new page using the
> letter/number combination, I should try:
>
> [[{{Suite103}} Suite 103]]
>
> This worked.  Is there a way to override this more complicated way of
> creating new pages with numbers for a more uniform page creation method?  I
> noticed that the PmWiki Doc index makes no mention of numeric characters for
> new pages.

You could change $WikiWordPattern such that it would treat "Suite103"
the same as it does "WikiWord"  i.e.

	Suite103	-> Suite	103
	WikiWord	-> Wiki		Word

But I can't think of a way to do that right off that doesn't mess up
something else.

Another option would be to use {{Suite_103}} and change the way pmwiki
renders that to turn the underscore into a space.

Or, maybe a combination of those two, but have pmwiki treat underscore
as a captial letter and then you would make your links as Suite_103

	Suite_103	-> Suite	_103
	WikiWord	-> Wiki		Word

I seem to recall some discussion in the past about turning underscores
into spaces, but I don't remember if that was for links or titles or
files-on-disk or what.  (Gee, if only we had a nice way to search the
archives  ;-)

Hope this helps,

-Scott
--