[Pmwiki-users] File Upload with big files

Klaus Olszowi olszowi
Fri Jan 9 02:14:08 CST 2004

Hi Patrick

> Quoting Klaus Olszowi <olszowi at docufy.de>:

> > I'm new to PmWiKi and I have problems uploading big files (> 500k,
> > pdf
> > for example). The Mozilla 1.5 response 'document contains no data'
> > after pressing the upload button.

> It would be interesting to know, whether the file is uploaded at least
> to the temporary file on the server.
> May be it's a timeout problem and the browser makes an interrupt, because
the answer takes to long.

The server is in the DMZ connected with an 100MBit line. The server is
running RH 9. There is no timeout problem, the response of the mozille takes
0.1 sec. I changed also the 'LimitRequestBody' to 1024000000.

Can the 'https' protocol can a problem.

> > The upload is configured as described in the docu and is working
> > with
> > small files (35k), I set the $UploadMaxSize to 10000000. The php
> > 'post_max_size' is set to 18M. The PmWiKi is running on an https site
> > in our intranet.

> Patrick Ogay

Maybe my local.php file is helpful:

<?php
##  This is a sample local.php file.  To use this file, copy it to be
##  named local.php in the directory that pmwiki.php runs from, then
##  edit it for whatever customizations you want.

##  $WikiTitle is the name that appears in the browser's title bar
$WikiTitle = 'Docufy PmWiki';

##  $ScriptUrl is your preferred URL for accessing wiki pages
##  $WikiImgUrl is the URI image to appear in the page header
$ScriptUrl = 'https://145.253.117.242/pmwiki/pmwiki.php';
$WikiImgUrl = 'https://145.253.117.242/pmwiki/docufy.gif';

##  Set $SpaceWikiWords if you want WikiWords to automatically have
##  spaces before each sequence of capital letters
# $SpaceWikiWords = 1;                     # turns on WikiWord spacing

##  Individual features of PmWiki can be enabled (1) or disabled (0)
##  by setting variables below.  These are defined in and controlled by
##  the scripts/stdmodules.php script.
# $EnableQATags=1;                         # Q: and A: Markup (default on)
# $EnableWikiTrails=1;                     # WikiTrails (default on)
# $EnableStdWikiStyles=1;                  # standard WikiStyles (default
on)
##  or, to turn off all of the optional features, use
# $EnableStdConfig=0;                      # 0 disables all optional
features

$DefaultPasswords['admin'] = crypt('admin');
$DefaultPasswords['upload'] = crypt('upload');
$EnableUpload = 1;
$UploadDir = "/opt/www/html/pmwiki/uploads";
$UploadUrlFmt = "/pmwiki/uploads";

$UploadMaxSize = 10000000;
$UploadExtSize['gif']  = 10000000;
$UploadExtSize['jpeg'] = 10000000;