[Pmwiki-users] PmWiki and HTML syntax

Christian Ridderström chr
Thu Jan 8 10:35:42 CST 2004

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Paul Williams wrote:

> Christian,
>
> Generally, people are unwilling to elaborate on what
> "out of spec" means to the point that I think they are
> pulling the words out of their ass as a knee-jerk
> reaction.

	:-)

> Anyway, I was confused, so I thought I'd ask to see if
> anyone else has heard similar.

Ok, I see. Out of curiosity, I validated this (almost random) page:
	http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/EmacsModes/Download

and got the errors below... frankly I don't understand them:

Line 35, column 31: end tag for "EM" omitted, but its declaration does not
         permit this.

                                 ^

Line 35, column 5: start tag was here (explain...).

       ^

Line 35, column 185: end tag for element "EM" which is not open.

  ...ay not be uploaded to this group.</em>

Where line 35 looks like this (I've indented it for readability):
	<em>Note: The actual files/archives are stored in the
		Cookbook group</a>
	since files may not be uploaded to this group.</em>

Frankly, this looks like it's a bug with the validator

    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pmichaud.com%2Fwiki%2FEmacsModes%2FDownload

/Christian

--
Dr. Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44       http://www.md.kth.se/~chr