[Pmwiki-users] Information gems regarding PmWiki

Jonathan Scott Duff duff
Wed Jan 7 07:35:15 CST 2004

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 12:20:28AM +0100, Jean-Claude wrote:
> Since we have a wonderful tool (PmWiki!) which is just perfect to put
> things in files and themes where they belong and therefore become very
> easy to retrieve, may I suggest that we use the mailing list to
> announce subjects, and to provide an appropriate link to the PmWiki
> site where the explanation should be developped, kept and organized ?

Is your logic that the announcements will be fewer thus less to search
through while the wiki will contain all of the useful information?

Nothing is stoping you from wikiing Pm's descriptions of those regular
expressions and then using the search facility provided by pmwiki to
find them later.  Unless you also contend that searching pmwiki is
also "laborious".

It's kind of a pity that the mail archives don't have a real good search
facility.  Luckily you can download the entire archive as one big mbox
file.  If ever I need to search for something, I'll just download the
whole archive and use the search facilities provided by my
MUA-of-choice (mutt).

Something that would be interesting is if there were an automated method
to turn those email messages into wiki pages. But I suspect that would
require modifying the mailman software that the mailing list uses. Or
at least require that someone write some software that periodically
checks the archive and creates wiki pages out of any new messages that
appear.

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff