[Pmwiki-users] The Future Of %Styles%

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sat Feb 28 11:34:58 CST 2004

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 09:54:34PM -0800, Steven Leite wrote:

>    I  only  have one question/concern .. is the current % character going
>    to  cause  problems  with actual percentages in css declarations?  For
>    example, if I said:
>    %define=mybigfont font-size=200%%
>    Now,  will  PmWiki think I'm saying to make my font-size 200, or 200%?
>    If  this  is the case, maybe we should re-think the %style% syntax now
>    before it's too late?

Sorry, I think it's too late.  %% for WikiStyles is probably too
embedded into the current PmWiki installation base for us to reasonably
change the style syntax, at least not without a major revision number.
We might be able to introduce an alternate syntax, or fix the processing
such that one could do %define=mybigfont font-size=200pct%  and have
the pct be converted to '%', or a variety of things.

>    The  tilde  itself is sort of stylish .. I think it fits.  I know it's
>    hard  to type on some keyboards, but that's besides the point.  You'll
>    get used to it <:)

"...that's besides the point.  You'll get used to it"?!?  *This* from
the guy who advocates always making things simpler for the users?  :-) :-)