[Pmwiki-users] Spaces in file names

Dave Noonan PmWiki
Fri Feb 27 17:34:38 CST 2004

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 02:17:43PM -0000, Pmwiki-users-bounces at pmichaud.com wrote:
>
>>files with %20 in the name (not +) but I'd really like Attach because that's
>>what I want the users to see and because it keeps track of the group so I
>>don't have too.
>>
>>This bit is from your response to my earlier message:
>>
>>>One could also possibly create a double brackets entry to use double
>>>quotes and convert the spaces within:
>>>   InterMap:"My Documents/path"
>>>The entry would look something like (untested):

>>>where you replace "InterMap" with the name of the InterMap link
>>>that you're wanting to do this conversion for.
>

> My bad, this *won't* work because the $UrlPathPattern can't contain
> spaces.  I'll backtrack and try again a bit later.

	That was my thought so I tried .* figuring anything between the quotes
was okay. I still didn't work.  I'm finding work arounds for more most
of them so it's not that big a deal.  It's just that at work I've got
links like File:\\server\some dir\some other dir\pain in the butt.xls.
Mostly I've been doing
[[File:\\server\some%20dir\some%20other%20dir\pain%20in%20the%20butt.xls
File:\\server\some dir\some other dir\pain in the butt.xls]] which is a
pain in the butt to create but works and looks right for the users.

File:"\\server\some dir\some other dir\pain in the butt.xls" would be
very much easier on me. :-)

For the curious, File: is localmap to file: which IE will use to open
excel, folders or whatever other M$ products you've got laying around. I
didn't just type "file:" because then PmWiki wouldn't link it.
--
Dave