[Pmwiki-users] Page history (diff/patch) package for windowsinstallations

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Feb 26 16:09:23 CST 2004

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 03:48:18PM -0500, Bob Dively wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > I've put together a package that tries to provide
> > diff/patch functionality for Windows-based installations
>
> We have a winner!
> [...]
> PM, what the heck do you do to get this stuff going? The
> libraries look like the GnuWin32 binaries. Did you have to
> hack them at all?

They are the GnuWin32 binaries--I just repackaged them to combine
diff/patch into a single package that could be easily uploaded
to a web server and to eliminate the pieces that weren't needed.
Wish I had done this months ago.  :-)

If I get brave I may try recompiling the binaries to eliminate the
large (900K+) libraries, which appear to be used mostly for
internationalizing the diff/patch prompts.  Since nobody ever sees
those prompts in this application, those libraries might not be
needed.  But for now I'm just glad to have something that works
and seems relatively easy to install/configure.