[Pmwiki-users] Re: Problems with Passwords

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Feb 26 07:39:59 CST 2004

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 01:32:25PM +0100, Thomas Stierli wrote:

> I read somewhere, that I can set an array of passwords for each
> level. So I set 2 passwords for level edit like this:
> $DefaultPasswords['edit'][] = crypt('author1');
> $DefaultPasswords['edit'][] = crypt('author2');
> Am I wrong? Isn't that possible? I think so.

You're correct that you should be able to set an array of passwords
for each action--the problem you encountered is a bug in PmWiki that
has apparently been there for some time.  This is now fixed in 0.6.6,
just released.

> But in fact, this is not my main problem. Even if I set only 1
> admin-password, I can't login.
> $DefaultPasswords['admin'] = crypt('admin');
> $DefaultPasswords['edit'] = crypt('edit');
> My entered password 'admin' isn't accepted! And the same happens to
> all other passwords (read, edit, attr).

Hmmm, it should've worked with just one password.  Try it again with
the fixed 0.6.6 code and please let me know what happens.