[Pmwiki-users] Problems with Passwords

Thomas Stierli t.stierli
Thu Feb 26 00:34:26 CST 2004

Hallo everbody

I am new in this list and i'm not sure if my question is here at the
right place. So if there exists a forum or something else where I can
post my problems an ideas, tell me please.

I installed first PmWiki 0.6.2 and then 0.6.5. Both have the same problem:
I set "$DefaultPasswords['edit'][] = crypt('author1');" in config.php.
When I trie to change a page, I see the following error:
"Warning: crypt() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in
/path/to/pmwiki.php on line 1014"

The second argument of crypt() is not correct. If I run the script
without this argument, the errormessage disappears. But I still can't
login, because none of my passwords is accepted.

What can I do to fix that?

Thanks for help.
Thomas

PS: I first wrote this problem at