[Pmwiki-users] Re: Skins

Nathan Jones nathanj
Wed Feb 25 17:00:13 CST 2004

Pm wrote:
>On pmichaud.com I have something like...  [snip]
>This sets the page's skin based on a ?skin argument.  So, if you jump
>to http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/PmWiki?skin=classic, you see
>the page in the classic skin.  I've even been able to set a cookie to
>keep the skin change for all other pages, but I have that customization
>turned off at the moment.

This explains why I thought you had changed the default skin on your
site. While it's nice for admins to have a way of setting skins for
actions and nice to have a way to give end users their choice of skin, I
much prefer seeing the default layout on the PmWiki site.

Maybe my problem is that, while I did expect to see the skin in action
when viewing it, I did not expect the skin to stay in action when I
didn't expressly tell the site "I want to use this skin".

Because it automatically stayed on the JHSkin, I now don't know how to
change it back to the Standard skin so I can see the sidebar. I have
tried going to Cookbook.StandardSkin (Standard is displayed), but when I
then go to any other page (not in my cache) I get the JHSkin again.

--
Nathan Jones