[Pmwiki-users] Problems with new Layout (in WYSIWYG editors)

Steven Leite steven_leite
Mon Feb 23 04:27:15 CST 2004

I think this might be more a cgi/script limtation, but I'm hoping we can work around it.

Problem:

I can't included .css or images in my template.htm that are local on my system because PmWiki won't be able to find the correct path unless I specify exactly (after I've uploaded it to my server).

If I'm working on the file on my local machine and using relative links to images and .css in my working directory then my template looks ok (in my wysiwyg editor).  But after I uploaded it (and all the files that go with it), the images and css references are no longer valid on the server.

For a template layout that relies heavily on graphics layout or .css styles, the only way to make it look right (while editing) is to have those files locally available .. which results in a broken template when you upload because PmWiki requires you either:  provide pathing information via $Variable, or that you use direct pathing /rootdir/wikidir/pub/skins/images/image.gif.

Using $Variable or other paths in your wysiwyg editor means your not getting a clear idea of how your template will look until after you've uploaded it and refreshed a wiki page.

As I said, I think this is a cgi/script issue, but I wonder if there's any workaround?

Thanks,

-S