[Pmwiki-users] New Feature Idea

Steven Leite steven_leite
Sun Feb 22 19:48:00 CST 2004

> >Here's how it would work:  You have to tell the search engine that the
> >search is not a search, and that it should be treated as a jump directly
> >to that page (if it exists).  To do this I suggest something like a
> >preceeeding "!" character in front of the search query.
>
> Nice idea. Rather than expect the user to use a particular syntax, I
> think it would be better to use radio buttons and get the serch-or-jump
> script to decide what to do by which button is selected. Eg:
>
> (*) Search, or ( ) Jump to page: [       ]

Hm .. :-(  yeah, but now that's one extra click.  LoL.  I like the search
idea because is slim-line, doesn't take up much space, and adding a JumpBox
would kill-two-birds with one stone.  Still, I guess we could do both.  In
the modified Search.php, we could check

IF radio-button set to true, OR the first character of the search being " !
" then attempt a jump

ELSE do a search

--S