[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Skins

Christian Ridderström chr
Sun Feb 22 14:16:24 CST 2004

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 08:55:49PM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> >
> > <rant>I've just been able to get the layout back to where it was
> > --- but not yet installed 6.0 and now there's a new scheme *sigh*.
> > Things are moving too fast for me, all I did was party one weekend ;-/
> > </rant>
>
> Sorry about that, Christian (and anyone else that this may adversely
> affect).  But I felt I had to move fast on this one because of the number
> of complaints I was getting on 0.6.0.  As my penance, I'll be very
> happy to convert your 0.6.0 layout to 0.6.1 for you if you wish.  :-)

Oh, as I wrote somewhere else: No worries :-)

I don't expect any problems converting to the new layout scheme, and as
you can imagine, I'm *really* happy I haven't released the beta site for
the "public" yet. So I agree with you. The only other alternative would
have been to can the layout changes until maybe 0.7, and that would have
(apparently) discouraged a lot of new admins, and caused more problems for
people really using the 0.6 system. So I think the correct decision is to
withdraw the 0.6 release --- it happens, that's all.

Btw, we can put up the LyX wiki layout as an example at pmichaud.com when
you feel it's time to do that. The config files I linked to aren't exactly
*easy* to get through...

/Christian