[Pmwiki-users] Skins

Dave Noonan PmWiki
Sat Feb 21 10:37:14 CST 2004

	I spent a few hours playing with the layout this morning and I got more
or less what I want (maybe a little less) but it was kind of a pain and
now my config.php is full of layout variables that I'm about to move to
a separate file. The problem then is that the php is in local while the
css is in pub/skins and the images are... where ever you put them.  This
invites a load of confusion.

	I was having trouble grasping what a skin was to PmWiki as the word
seems to be attached to CSS but I really want all those layout variables
in there too. So after playing a bit my definition of a "skin" has come
to include a php file where I can tweak the layout variables, a CSS file
to control to the variables, whatever images go with it (background,
logo, etc), and probably other things that I haven't wanted yet.

	My idea of how to lay arrange this is to have pub/skins/myskin and some
variable in config.php that includes the word 'Skin' and points at that
directory. Then PmWiki includes the php file pub/skins/myskin/myskin.php
and links in pub/skins/myskin/myskin.css and looks for logo.jpeg and
whatever else you included in that directory.

	Is there a better way? Have I missed something? Can I do this now?
--
Dave