[Pmwiki-users] Re: Editing long pages

Christian Ridderström chr
Sat Feb 14 12:25:48 CST 2004

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004, Nils Knappmeier wrote:

> Today I was reading the FAQ and ran about a question that wasn't
> answered yet. I wanted to write one, but when editing
> the page, I didn't find the question anymore, because the page was so
> long. Unfortunately, Mozilla doesn't allow to search for a word
> inside a textarea (at least, it didn't do it for me).
> So, I had to go back and search for the word on the page, remember the
> context and edit it again, then look for the question and write an answer.
>
> That was kind of complicated. I would have been much nicer had there
> been an "edit" link somewhere near the question, that gives me a smaller
> context
> in my textarea.
> I'm not sure what would be a good way to implement this.  I was thinking
> maybe, that some markups, like headings could automatically used
> as seperator to divide the page into smaller structures.
>
> Has anybody else had this problem yet? Any solutions or suggestions?

I use Emacs to edit wiki pages, see

	http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Cookbook/EmacsPmWikiMode

and also see the link to PmWikiEdit in the 'See Also'-section.

Shamelss plug :-)

These days I press Ctrl-e in my browser (Opera) and the page pops up for
editing in the Emacs window. Then I edit it and when I'm done with the
changes I press C-c C-c in Emacs and the page is saved back to the
wiki-wiki.

/Christian