[Pmwiki-users] Request for a callback once stdconfig.php has beenincluded

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Feb 13 19:33:11 CST 2004

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 05:04:32PM -0800, Greg Morgan wrote:

> Honestly it's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other to me.
> But as a compromise/transitional bit of code to allow local.php to be phased
> out, could code be added loads config.php and only loads local.php if
> config.php doesn't exist.  This way admins are encouraged to use one file
> name or the other, but not both.  Would that be a benefit? Too complex?

I've gone ahead and done exactly this--the next (beta) release of PmWiki
will look first for local/config.php, local.php, and local/local.php
(in that order).  Local/config.php will be the "official" location,
with the other two to be deprecated/removed in some future version.

> Which brings up a question I've had floating around: what kind of a
> performace hit does include_once entail?  If someone has a bunch of cookbook
> add-ons installed, would that slow down performance noticably.

I really don't know, but using include_once is almost certainly less
of a performance hit than loading+compiling code that isn't going to
be used.  And of course it depends on a lot of other variables.  :-)