[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: setup script, sample-local.php, local/, and a slippery slope

Christian Ridderström chr
Thu Feb 12 14:58:32 CST 2004

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 09:12:41PM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> > On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> >
> > I don't want apache to be allowed to write to local/. Couldn't we put the
> > generated file in a dedicated directoy (to which apache may write).
>
> I wasn't going to let apache write into local/ generically -- it'll still
> be 755 permissions.  I was just going to let apache write to the
> setup-local.php file, which would be 777 permissions by default.

Hmm.. I'm still not keen on the idea of letting apache writing to any file
in that directory -- not to mention that it might be bit confusing that
some files are writable by apache and others aren't.

> I can always have setup-local.php written into wiki.d, but that seems a
> bit weird somehow (even though other non-page files get written there also).

I think maybe a var/ as John wrote isn't such a bad idea, especially if
there currently are more non-page files in wiki.d (then they could be
moved to var/).

What are these other files in wiki.d/?

> And I don't know that it's worth creating a separate writable directory
> just to hold one or two writable files.

Oh, come on :-)

/Christian