[Pmwiki-users] Re: action=show-tools (was Re: restore problem)

Dave Jackson itdoctor
Wed Feb 11 16:50:45 CST 2004

> On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 05:10:48PM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> > >
> > > Excellent idea.  In 0.6.1 or thereabouts I'm planning to include
> > > something similar to this in an installation/setup script.
> >
> > Would the interface to the script be through a browser or through command
> > line? (I'm guessing the browser, but I'd like to check)
>
> Browser.  Lots of folks don't have command-line access, and it should be
> easier to do for non-Unix servers (e.g., IIS).
>
> Pm

I've just set up my first paid for public domain.  I now have PHP available on a
server (Hurrah!) :-)

I've banged a vanilla copy of 5.27 up there as a test & of course the diif &
patch utils are not available.  So what you are proposing below is v. cool.

I need some thoughts on how to proceed.
* ask the ISP?  (first choice, will do this anyway)
* copy versions up to cgi-bin & use those?
* some kind of PHP based version?

Dave Jackson

PS.  I posted this via gmane.org - very cool site Christian!