[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Re: Re: more --signature markup thoughts

Christian Ridderström chr
Tue Feb 10 11:16:57 CST 2004

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 10:20:14AM -0600, Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 04:56:26PM +0100, Christian Ridderstr??m wrote:
> > > Ok, so hypothetically speaking, if we'd been writing {{Profiles/Foo}}
> > > instead of Profiles/{{Foo}}, you'd preferred {{~Foo}}?
> > > Btw, I happen to feel that putting the group outside of the {{..}} is
> > > inconsistent, so for me using that as motivation is sort of like arguing
> > > that two wrongs make a right, but that's a totally different issue.
> >
> > Yeah, it's always kinda bugged me too, but not enough to propose a
> > change.

> And *then* perhaps we can better decide what shortcuts to use for
> identities.  However, it's pretty easy to type {{Profiles/Patrick Michaud}}
> and so we may not need a shortcut at all.

If nothing else, we could wait with introducing the shortcut.

In addition to being shorter, I thought the advantage with a shortcut is
that it'll be agnostic with respect to the actual name of the group
containing the profiles. Of course, we can always represent that
variable using [[$Profiles]].

/Christian.