[Pmwiki-users] pmwiki-0.6.beta7 released

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Feb 9 22:16:15 CST 2004

ki version 0.6.beta7 has just been released and is available
from http://www.pmichaud.com/pub/pmwiki.  As with other beta releases,
this release is a "development" release that may undergo substantial
changes in the near future, and is not recommended as an upgrade for
production systems yet.  On the other hand, I'm now using the beta
release to run the www.pmichaud.com site, so it's beginning to stabilize
quite a bit.

This release fixes a number of bugs from the previous releases, and
adds some new features:

* $WikiWordSearchPathFmt allows a wiki administrator control over
  the way WikiWords are converted to pagenames.  In particular,
  a WikiWord can now be used to refer to a group name, or to
  pages in a predefined set of other groups.
* An easier mechanism for loading internationalization strings from
  wiki pages.

I've started a page at http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Development/Release6
where the current features and status of the 0.6 release can be maintained.

As I mentioned earlier, the pmichaud.com site is now running 0.6.beta7
as its primary engine, so experiments and testing should be performed
there instead of the previous beta URL.  I'm still in the process of
migrating customization scripts from the old version to the new
so some things may still be a bit odd.

Questions, comments, bugs can be reported to me, the mailing list,
or the Development.Release6 page.