[Pmwiki-users] Re: Action or form for creating a new page

Christian Ridderström chr
Wed Feb 4 17:34:29 CST 2004

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Steven Leite wrote:

> > > Maybe it'd be good to have a link called 'New page', that when you click
> > > on it gives you a page with an edit form. But this edit page also lets
> > > you specify the name of the page that will be created?
>
>  Nice idea, but then we might end up with newbie authors creating a bunch of
>  new (orphaned) pages.  Then they'll still be stuck wondering:  "How do I
>  create a link to my new page?".

I don't think that'll as much of a problem really, but what we can do is
show a special message once the page has been created explaining how to
refer to that specific page. (Or if they have chosen an invalid name, they
are returned to the edit page with examples of valid names).

>  I think it's best to "teach" them how to do it properly.

Would you mind explaining what the "proper" way of creating a new page is?

>  Here's a suggestion:
>
>  Have a link called 'New Page' .. then when you click on it, it takes you to
>  the instructions/help page that explains "How to Create a New Page".

I hope there already is a page like this in the PmWiki documentation,
but I'm not sure. Does anybody know if/where it is?

/Christian