[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Re: Action or form for creating a new page

Christian Ridderström chr
Wed Feb 4 15:15:16 CST 2004

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:

> > Will the template-links be there when you are editing
> > an already existing page?
>
> Could be. I hadn't given it much thought. What if someone is editing an
> existing page with very little content and decides that they really
> would like to use one of the templates? If the template list isn't there
> for editing existing pages, it becomes difficult for the author to use
> templates in this situation.

The contents of the (new) template would delete the current content?

I can see the advantage of being able to do this in the beginning as a way
of deciding what template to use. First you select one template to see
what it looks like, and then you choose another and so on.

> > In MoinMoin, you get a dynamically generated list of templates and
> > creating a template page is trivial. Any page name matching the pattern is
> > considered a template. Of course, I guess a similar effect could be
> > reached with a directive as follows:
> >
> > 	[[template:[[:alnum:]]+Template$]]
>
> In my scheme template pages need not have a consitent naming
> convention; any wiki page would do.   The list of template pages
> wouldn't be dynamic, but just another wiki page (just like the
> PmWiki/EditQuickReference)

I didn't mean to force a consistent naming, only allowing it. E.g. if you
wrote:

	[[template:PmWikiPhilosophy]]
	[[template:*Template]]

the rendered result would be a list of template pages starting with
'PmWikiPhilosophy' followed by any pages matching '*Template'.

/Christian