[Pmwiki-users] Re: Action or form for creating a new page

Jonathan Scott Duff duff
Tue Feb 3 14:25:13 CST 2004

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 10:10:41PM +0100, Christian Ridderstr??m wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > In MoinMoin, does selecting a page template happen via JavaScript or is
> > it a special link that is pressed that reloads the page with the desired
> > template?  How should it work if we do something like this in PmWiki?
>
> It's quite straightforward in MoinMoin. You are first shown an
> intermediary screen where you get to select between no template or one of
> the existing ones (a template is just any wikipage with the name
> starting (or maybe ending) in 'Template'.

For pmwiki I think we should forego the intermediary page and just put
the templates on the EditPage. This is already easy enough to do. And an
intermediary page seems like it would penalize those that don't want to
use templates. With a "special link" we can use any page as a template,
not just those that match '[a-z]Template$' Here's a not-too-creative
suggested markup:

	[template:PmWikiPhilosophy]

-Scott
--