[Pmwiki-users] Password for URL-approve?

chr@home.se chr
Wed Dec 29 06:47:18 CST 2004

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 02:32:30PM +0100, chr at home.se wrote:
> > What's the password for approving URIs on pmwiki.org?
>
> "quick"

Hmm... I noticed that all links on the page are approved at once. That
behaviour surprised me a bit to be honest, although I'm not sure it's
necessarily bad.

In addition, I think that the page being shown when you do
	action=approvesites
should list what sites are being approved, so you don't accidentally
approve links.

> > Should this password be controllable through for instance the
> > 'GroupAdmin'-page?
>
> ....'GroupAdmin' page?  You mean the 'GroupAttributes' page?

Oh, sorry about that... obviously it's been a while since I used that.

> It really only makes sense to do that if there are per-group
> ApprovedUrls pages, otherwise anyone with write access to any group
> (i.e., including groups that don't exist yet) would be able to approve
> urls for any other group.

Ok, I see. If I understand this correctly (and my brain is fuzzy because
of a cold), we are actually approving domains rather than URIs?

Maybe the name should reflect this? (i.e. Main.ApprovedDomains)

I also wonder if this module is documented somewhere?

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr