[Pmwiki-users] Linking to files and images in different folders

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Dec 21 16:06:59 CST 2004

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 11:37:51PM +0100, Robert Blaha wrote:

>    Does anybody know how to Link to attached files, that are in different
>    folders, using the following markup [[Attach:file with spaces.doc]]?
>
>    I     want    to    link    to    "uploads/Profiles/image.jpg"    from
>    "DifferentCategory/DifferentPage".

At present there's not a way to do this using the Attach: markup.
However, you can easily define an "Upload:" markup that would let you
access files in the different groups.  Just add the line below
to local/localmap.txt:

    Upload    http://www.yourserver.com/path/to/uploads/

and then you can do

   [[Upload:Profiles/image.jpg]]

to get to image.jpg of the Profiles group.

I think there may be a PITS issue about this somewhere, if not we need
to add one.