[Pmwiki-users] synchronizing pmwiki installations

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Dec 20 14:44:36 CST 2004

On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 12:12:42PM -0900, Chris Lott wrote:
> I travel a lot and often work offline from my laptop. My personal wiki
> is becoming indispensible to me (it's installed on my web server). I'd
> like to synchronize the two somehow. Short of manually copying the
> wiki.d directory back and forth, any advice on the best way to
> synchronize the two?

Manually copying is (thus far) the best way.  There's been some discussion
about creating a synchronizing utility that would compare two PmWiki
installations and synchronize page updates between them (e.g., for people
who might want to run PmWiki on a handheld/laptop and synchronize with
another site), but so far it's just in the "thinking about it" stage of
development.