[Pmwiki-users] clean PmWiki URL

Sergio Andreozzi sergio.andreozzi
Sun Dec 19 18:35:21 CST 2004

Hello,

I found out several posts and pages about how to get clean urls in
pmwiki.php, but a cookbook page has still to appear for pmwiki 2.

I'd like to contribute my experience so far, that is a mixture of the
following links:

http://contra.vosn.net/pipermail/pmwiki-users_pmichaud.com/2004-March/003774.html
http://solaroof.org/pmwiki6/pmwiki.php/PmWiki/ChangePmWikiURL

This seems to work for pmwiki 2.0beta10:

1. Installation directory for pmwiki:

/DOCUMENTROOT/home/

(therefore I have /DOCUMENTROOT/home/pmwiki.php as the full path)

my wiki is accessible at http://mysite.com/home/pmwiki.php

2. create .htaccess file in /DOCUMENTROOT/home/ which content is

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^([A-Z].*) /home/pmwiki.php/$1 [L]

3. change config.php as:

$ScriptUrl = 'http://mysite.com';
$EnablePathInfo = 1;

with this I can see my wiki pages at http://mysite.com/group/name and
edit/print them. To be checked the upload functionality.

Cheers,
	Sergio