[Pmwiki-users] pmwiki2 beta10 fresh installation

Hans Bracker design
Thu Dec 16 12:24:45 CST 2004

Fresh install of pmwiki2 beta10 went fine, no problems, on
a  hosted account with www.diyhosts.co.uk.
No queries about directory permissions, chmod2777 etc anymore,
after a recent server update.

I enabled pathinfo and uploads, and both work fine.

I created a redirection to pmwiki.php creating a .htaccess file
containing:
   <Files wiki>
   SetHandler application/x-httpd-php
   </Files>
and a file called wiki containing:
   <?php chdir("pmwikidirectory"); include("pmwiki.php"); ?>
and changed in local/config.php
$ScriptUrl = 'http://www.mysite.com/wiki';
to point to the redirection file.
New paths of form: www.mysite.com/wiki/Group/Page work fine.

After configuring the  redirection I had to include in config.php
$UploadUrlFmt = ...path to upload directory
Maybe $UploadUrlFmt could be included in the sample config (commented
out)? Could it be renamed $UploadDirUrl to stand beside $PubDirUrl?

Passwords:
With no passwords configured in config in the fresh installation
?action=attr lead to a request for a password, with no clue anywhere
what that may be.

I find the whole setup of passwords a bit confusing, I will try to
address this in another post.

~Hans