[Pmwiki-users] local install

Thelen, Tobias tthelen
Wed Dec 15 19:16:04 CST 2004

Constantin Basturea wrote:

> I would like to have PmWiki running *locally*, but I couldn't find any
> documentation about how can I do that. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks so much,
> Constantin Basturea

Hi Constantin!

For running pmwiki locally you need a local installation of a webserver
and php. For Windows, an easy way to get this is installing XAMPP
(http://www.apachefriends.org).

I just tested beta10 installation with XAMPP 1.4.2 and experienced no
problems at all, including enabling PathInfo and uploads by just
uncommenting the appropriate lines in a copy of sample-config.php.

N.B.: XAMPP 1.4.2 reports as "Apache/2.0.49 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.0.49
OpenSSL/0.9.7d PHP/4.3.6 mod_autoindex/color Server at localhost Port 80"

Regards,
Tobias

Tobias Thelen       tthelen at uni-osnabrueck.de
Zentrum virtUOS            Tel. 0541/969-6502
Zentrum  zur  Unterst?tzung  virtueller Lehre
--  http:// www.virtuos.uni-osnabrueck.de  --
Stud.IP-Anfragen bitte an kursmanager at uos.de!