[Pmwiki-users] password question

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Dec 13 08:31:29 CST 2004

On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 08:46:25PM -0800, Scott Carver wrote:
> I've temporarily moved a wiki of mine to a different server, as the
> server its running on will be out of commission for a bit. Hoping
> things would be short and simple, I just ftp'd the directory structure
> from one computer to the other.

Normally this works.  :-)

> It worked fine, but it seems as if
> something has been screwed up with the site passwords. Passwords are no
> longer working for pages that require them. Can anyone think of an
> obvious reason why this would be occurring, and/or is there a simple
> way to reset the passwords on the site?

If you mean that it's no longer accepting passwords, it's possible
that the new server doesn't support the same encryption formats that
the old server was using.  Could you send me an example page file
(from your wiki.d/ directory) where the password isn't being accepted,
and the output of running your new server with ?action=crypt ?  I can
tell you if that's what is happening, and we can come up with a way to
clean up the password situation if so.