[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: PmWikiDraw - New Version (2.2B)

Ciaran ciaranj
Mon Dec 13 01:43:21 CST 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 08:49:43 +0100, Knut Alboldt <pmwiki at alboldt.de> wrote:
> Ciaran wrote:

> >>* Alt-x         Exit and save
> >>* Ctrl-q        Quit (don't save)
> >>
> >>You could see if there are any guidelines for what keyboard shortcut to
> >>use.  It would also be really good if the shortcuts were displayed in the
> >>menus.
> >
> > This has been requested before, my problem is I'm not quite sure how
> > to internationalise it, and also how Alt/Ctrl affects Macs :)
>
> I think you should use the common shortcuts used for other programs (e.q.
> editors, kde or windows global etc). They are more or less equal for all
> language setups (e.g. windows uses CTRL-X, CTRL-C, CTRL-V for clipboard
> functions also in german language set although these are no german
> abbreviations). Well I can't tell you about the mac-stuff.
Ok, then two votes for this means I'll stick with the current
shortcuts <g>.  I've added (ctrl-x) type comments to the english
property file is this meaningful in the German language file ?

> >>It's not very fast on my computer at home, would it be possible to use a
> >>local version (pre-compiled?) to make it go faster?  I know that'd involve
> >>having to install it, but if you edit a lot of images it'd be worth it.
> >

> on my windows system performance is quite ok. I'm using firefox 1.0 (I don't
> know if I got a JIT-Compiler option on by default like in MSIE, CPU ca 1,8 GHz
> and 256 MB RAM running several services in the background (like apache, mysql
> etc) (the worst case installation I hvae to use, there are better systems as well)
> and "HQM" on.
I've tested on machines ~700Mhz and they don't seem to have any
performance issues, but I've had this reported twice now, so its
obviously an issue.  I wonder just how complex the drawings being
modified are? Mine are usually in the tens of objects not the
hundreds....

> Knut
>
> --

- Ciaran