[Pmwiki-users] PmWiki to PDF (was: Plugin/listener model)

John Rankin john.rankin
Fri Dec 10 15:19:30 CST 2004

On Saturday, 11 December 2004 5:20 AM, Patrick Schwarz <pmwiki at patrick-schwarz.de> wrote:
>Is there already a roadmap for this project and is it planned
>to support PDFLib?
>
>-ps

The draft roadmap is at
http://intranet.affinity.co.nz/pmwiki2/index.php/Pdf2you/HomePage

The current plan is to convert pmwiki markup to LaTeX markup and use
LaTeX to typeset page collections. This gives us tremendous layout
power and top quality output. It also makes the job much easier, as
we convert wiki markup to LaTeX markup and the rest just happens
(waves hands airily).

In the PmWiki 1 demo you ran, pmwiki is running on a Linux host
in Auckland and LaTeX is running on an old white iMac in my
office in Wellington. The idea is that the pdf2you service can
be anywhere -- give it a url and it gives you back a pdf.

We plan to carry this design through to the next version. The
difference is that pmwiki will deliver LaTeX instead of HTML.

--
JR