[Pmwiki-users] Display of pmwiki skin & HTMLVSpace in Opera

Nathan Jones pmwiki
Thu Dec 9 19:04:37 CST 2004

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 11:35:16AM -0700, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>   #wikihead { position:absolute; right:20px; ... }
>
>so I may switch to that.  You can tell me if it looks correct in
>Opera by going to
>
>   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Security?skin=pmwiki-ak

Sigh. As much as I love Opera, it does seem to have a few problems with
absolute positioning. Maybe it's not worth your time altering the
stylesheet to suit.

When I first load the page, the search box covers the text "Recent
Changes":

http://photos.optimo.com.au/post/sbox1.png

If I reload, the page is re-rendered and the search box moves up a
little, but not to where it should be:

http://photos.optimo.com.au/post/sbox2.png

>> Is there a way to disable the following line when $HTMLVSpace=''?
>>   ul, ol, pre, dl, p { margin-top:0px; margin-bottom:0px; }
>
>You could just re-enable the margins for those items:
>
>  $HTMLStylesFmt[] =
>    "ul, ol, pre, dl, p { margin-top:1.33em; margin-bottom:1.33em; }\n";

I intend to do so. I just raised the point in case you wanted to change
the default behaviour when $HTMLVSpace=''. To my mind, $HTMLVSpace=''
means "don't use HTML+CSS to control vertical spacing; just return
default HTML behaviour". To then see that paragraphs are not
separated by a blank line seems a little bit counter-intuitive.

--
Nathan Jones