[Pmwiki-users] Styling simple table rules

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis
Thu Dec 9 11:41:01 CST 2004

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 08:03:18 +0000, Ciaran <ciaranj at gmail.com> wrote:
> consistent whilst allowing for flexibility.  The only consideration I
> could come up with was to do with alternating row styles. I can see
> situations where I might want a header row, and then every other row
> after that to alternate in colour.  Does this need to be taken into
> account, are there any other common table colouring styles in use ?

There's more info on how to do this at
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/zebratables/.

I'd love to have a table colour scheme with a header and alternating
rows!  (Columns too, but I don't see a good way to reliably produce
that.)  Can we have a toggle to mark the first row of a simple table
as proper header row with <th>s, too?  It would be semantically
correct, and easily styled without needing fancy selectors that IE
doesn't grok.

Can I have this in time to write styles for it into a template for v2 final?

Another super-nifty trick would be to highlight a row when a user
clicks on it or hovers over it, like
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/tableruler/.

Bronwyn