[Pmwiki-users] Uploads page - Re-uploading

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Dec 9 07:01:12 CST 2004

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 09:51:31AM +0000, Ciaran wrote:
> Hi,
> How easy/would it be possible to setup the ?action=upload stuff so
> that it was easier for my users to re-upload things they've modified
> locally?  For example the name/filename textfields becoming combo
> boxes, which dropdown to show currently present attachments?  (Or just
> the 'upload name' perhaps ? )

How about a "replace" link next to each of the files in the (:attachlist:),
when activated it reloads the page with the name field already filled in?
That way someone could simply click on the file they want to replace?

It's tough to make name+filename into combo boxes, because combo boxes
in browsers don't allow a person to enter in a custom value -- you're
limited to the values in the combo box.  And I've always felt that
using two boxes (one combo box, one text field) for entering a single
value was not a good interface design.