[Pmwiki-users] how can I change the page author attribution?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Dec 8 19:31:38 CST 2004

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 06:14:32PM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:

> My original question was really about how to repair "wrong names" rather
> than forcing right names in the future (which I see as a separate issue). I
> assumed that I might be able to use an editor to do a global search and
> replace on the files in "wiki.d/" to change all occurrences of "Chuck" to
> "Charles". I would take the Wiki offline while making the change.

Oh, sorry.  Yes, you can do that -- the files are basically normal text
files, although they may have some really long lines in them (from the
page text and page history).

Be sure to have a backup of the files when doing this.  :-)