[Pmwiki-users] Searchbox conversion to Pmwiki2

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Dec 7 20:49:47 CST 2004

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 04:17:03PM +1300, John Rankin wrote:

> I am in 2 minds about putting back the action=search; in
> some ways this is missing out on the opportunities PmWiki 2
> enables. OTOH, there are arguments for search results
> not taking a searcher to a page in a different group.

I agree fully with this last comment, so maybe we should look
for ways to build the correct behavior into the default.  One
solution might be to have ?action=search always use the
contents of Main.SearchWiki as its markup, regardless of
the pagename that is entered.

Another thought:

> - an action=search that displays the results in the current page,
>   including a SearchQuickReference page (in other words, it behaves
>   like Edit Page)

This seems like it could be accomplished by modifying $GroupHeaderFmt,
something like...

if ($action=='search') {
   $GroupHeaderFmt = '(:include $Group.GroupHeader:)(:nl:)(:include Main.SearchWiki:)(:nl:)';
   $action = 'browse';
}