[Pmwiki-users] Searchbox conversion to Pmwiki2

John Rankin john.rankin
Tue Dec 7 14:22:44 CST 2004

On Wednesday, 8 December 2004 12:52 AM, Hans Bracker <design at flutesong.net> wrote:
>I like how the searchbox works here on John Rankin's site:
>http://intranet.affinity.co.nz/pmwiki2/index.php/Main/HomePage
>It uses good english, for instance:
>Search Results
>Results of searching ?Main? group for ?needle?.
>And:
>Search Results
>Results of searching all groups for ?needle?.
>
>John can the code be made available?

Well it's a bit of a work in progress. It currently includes:
- jumpbox from PmWiki 1 (enter an existing page and it jumps there)

- insert the current group in the search box (copied from LyX wiki)

- an action=search that displays the results in the current page,
  including a SearchQuickReference page (in other words, it behaves
  like Edit Page)

- publish selected search result pages in printable form (a PDF
  option is planned) -- requires the publish wiki trail recipe

- change the search box to 'Searching Wiki' on the results page

And yes, I'll tidy it up and add it to the cookbook if people
think that would be useful.

I am in 2 minds about putting back the action=search; in
some ways this is missing out on the opportunities PmWiki 2
enables. OTOH, there are arguments for search results
not taking a searcher to a page in a different group.

In general, I think one ought to stick to the PmWiki way,
unless one has very good reasons not to do so. Which is a
roundabout way of saying that I'm not sure I recommend the
approach I have taken to others. :)

>Great styling too!

Thank you.

--