[Pmwiki-users] the descriptions of emphasis

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Dec 3 16:19:38 CST 2004

On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 01:37:15PM -0500, Tom Holroyd wrote:

> And I don't see why <em>emphasis</em> should be disallowed.
> It's simple. (:em emphasis:)?  %em% emphasis %%?

Well, it's not disallowed -- it's just not "enabled by default".  :-)
A local customization can always add them back in.

The problem with enabling selected HTML tags is that authors may
then expect *all* of them to be available, and be surprised/
disappointed/upset when they aren't.  It's sometimes easier to
just avoid the slippery slope altogether.