[Pmwiki-users] the descriptions of emphasis

Tom Holroyd tomh
Fri Dec 3 10:23:38 CST 2004

> '++bigger++' and '--smaller--' did cross my mind this morning.

Um, not to be picky or anything, but why do we need seperate
syntax for html constructs?

Are we hiding arcane html gobbledygook with equally arcane,
non-standard gobbledygook?

At what point do we say, hey, just use html markup?

I think the point of things like !!heading is that it's a
shortcut, but does that mean that <h1>heading</h1> should not
work, and that we should make up weird, hard to remember syntax
for things that already exist?

These things are just shortcuts, right?

Dr. Tom Holroyd
"A man of genius makes no mistakes. His errors are volitional and
are the portals of discovery." -- James Joyce