[Pmwiki-users] Edit password also used to read pages in PmWiki 2?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Dec 2 21:32:57 CST 2004

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 10:25:32AM +0100, Thomas -Balu- Walter wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 05:19:35PM -0700, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 11:39:33PM +0100, chr at home.se wrote:
> > > Ok, so if an included page requires a read password that hasn't been
> > > entered yet, it fails. Is this indicated somehow? (Or is it a silent
> > > failure?)
> >
> > Currently it's a silent failure.
>
> That should be changed IMHO. Perhaps some kind of message stating that
> there is content missing with a link to be able to authenticate for this
> content?

This needs to be an admin-configurable option, silent is the "correct"
response in many cases.  But I'm planning to extend the (:include:)
syntax anyway at some point in the future, so it'll probably happen
when that change is made.