[Pmwiki-users] Cannot acquire lockfile

Tom Cato Amundsen tca
Thu Dec 2 04:57:40 CST 2004

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 01:37:29AM -0700, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> Which version of PmWiki?
>
> Try deleting the wiki.d directory, and instead of using 2777 permissions
> try 777 permissions instead and see if that solves the problem
> (it probably will).
>
> What's the hosting service being used?  I'm looking for a site that
> has safe_mode turned on and where I can test/improve PmWiki 2's installation
> procedure.

On surftown.nu when it was not possible to set 2777 permissions, it used
777 and created wiki.d manually so it was owned by me and not httpd.
This did the trick.

Tom Cato Amundsen <tca at gnu.org>                 http://www.solfege.org/
GNU Solfege - free ear training    http://www.gnu.org/software/solfege/