[Pmwiki-users] [:summary:] directive for PmWiki 2.0?

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis
Tue Aug 31 12:44:26 CDT 2004

I'd like to have a [:summary:] directive in PmWiki 2.0.  Uses for
summaries:
- meta tag information (meta name="description") for search engines
- display above or alongside article, in case it's really long
- supplement or replace teaser text
- use in expanded wikitrails

Expanded wikitrails: as well as displaying the page title and/or name,
display a summary or teaser, and possibly a datestamp.  Specifically, I
want to make archive pages much like those at
http://www.mikeindustries.com/blog/archive/2004/08/.  I can see expanded
wikitrails being a useful cookbook recipe -- and I may try to learn enough
PHP to write one for PmWiki2 -- but summaries feel like a core build item.

Bronwyn