[Pmwiki-users] Show image whose URI doesn't end in e.g. 'jpg'

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Aug 31 07:02:44 CDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 01:23:00PM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
> Q: How can I insert an image into a wiki page, when the URI of the image
>    doesn't end int '.jpg', '.gif' etc? For example, the URI might look
>    like this:
> 	http://www.motorfreaks.nl/fsget.php?id=4235
> The "hack" I came up with was to append '.jpg' to the URI. In order to
> make this work in practice I had to add it as '&.jpg'. Not a very nice
> solution IMO.

That's what I normally do, although I usually do it as '&img=.jpg'.

> Are there any other methods? Or is this a motivation for
> having a separate [:image:]-directive?

I still don't have plans to introduce a separate [:image:] directive
into the core, although there's nothing to prevent someone from making
a cookbook entry for it.