[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: About sample-config.php

chr@home.se chr
Tue Aug 17 02:33:19 CDT 2004

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Thomas -Balu- Walter wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 05:32:56PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > Which brings us back to the original question.  My feeling is that
> > sample-config.php is exactly that--to give non-PHP people a sample of
> > what a config.php can look like.  The simpler this file is, the better.
> > As long as executing the file doesn't pose any damage, I think I prefer
> > to leave it the way it is now (but add more configuration examples).
>
> I prefer that one too. If you'd add something to show the code, people
> will copy the file as a start and everyone could view their
> configuration.

If we assume people will use this as the starting point for their
configuration (seems reasonable to me), then we sould at least make the
script non-executable by itself. I don't think the code to do this will
look too intimidating...
That way peoples configuration scripts won't be exectuable by
themselves (if they accidentially place it in the wrong place).

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr