[Pmwiki-users] Re: linebreak

Ben Schmidt bschmidt
Mon Aug 9 12:25:10 CDT 2004

On Aug 9, 2004, at 2:00 PM, Pmwiki-users-request at pmichaud.com wrote:

> Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 11:05:53 -0600
> From: "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com>
> Subject: Re: [Pmwiki-users] linebreak
> To: "Thomas N. Burg" <editor at randgaenge.net>
> Cc: Pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com
>
> On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 04:03:07PM +0200, Thomas N. Burg wrote:
>> Hi,
>> linebreak doesn't work with \\
>> I have to use the longer syntax [[<<]]
>
> Make sure the \\ are the *last* things on the line.
>
> Also, I know that Safari seems to do bizarre things with newlines
> in forms; unfortunately I don't have an easy way to test it or
> experiment
> to find out what the problem might be.

I realize that "works for me" postings can be irritating to someone
currently experiencing a problem, but I'm using Safari (v1.2.2, the one
that comes with OSX 10.3.4) and  \\ forces a carriage-return for me (as
long as \\ is the *last* thing on the line.)  I've tried Pmwiki version
1.0.5 running on another OSX (desktop not server version) 10.3.4
machine, as well as on the SandBox at pmwiki.org

...ben
pmwiki-newbie