[Pmwiki-users] Markup woes...

Ciaran ciaranj
Fri Aug 6 04:50:19 CDT 2004

*sigh* I've hit another snag :(
After (finally) getting everything working  with the fancy markup I
wanted, I decided that it was a little 'hardcore' for the average user
so decided to replace it with something along the lines of

[[$kbase]]
[[$column field="title"]]
[[$column field="category"]]
[[$kbaseend]]

Each of these rules being contained in a BrowseDirectives element
Which I thought was all working superbly well.   *HOWEVER* When I came
to putting two tables onto a page :

[[$kbase]]
[[$column field="title"]]
[[$column field="category"]]
[[$kbaseend]]

[[$kbase]]
[[$kbaseend]]

Both tables appeared to be identical , which was unexpected.  I
tracked the problem down to  each 'type' of definition being called
sequentially.  I.e. All [[$kbase]] directives were replaced, followed
by all [[$column]] directives, followed by all [[kbaseend]]
directives.

This means that the code which was expecting to see $column, and
worked under the assumption that a kbase had been defined was
incorrectly using the wrong kbase :(

Is there anyway around this at all ?   Or can I only do one line replacements ?

- Ciaran
http://www.wombatinvasion.com/ (Share the love)