[Pmwiki-users] help! saving page = *poof* page gone

Fábio Reis Cecin frcecin
Mon Aug 2 13:30:15 CDT 2004

Hi folks!

Something weird is happening with my PmWiki (pmwiki-0.4.23... sorry --
I'm trying to upgrade as I type this :-).

A user of my wiki had complained that the page he saved had disappeared.
I checked it and indeed the page was blank and the actual file on disk
for the page showed to be 0 bytes in size (so the page history was lost
as well).

I rebuilt the page from scratch and saved.

After that, I got a few "no space left on the device" while copying some
files to the server with my SSH account through WinSCP (I'm a linux n00b
so please bear with me). I deleted some files to "make room" and it
seemed to work.

Not long after that, I was editing pages. I edited one page, clicked on
"save", and the page was gone! Lost history, 0-byte file for the page,
same thing.

I panic, and start typing this e-mail!

What is the most likely cause of this? Maybe a quota exceeded or
something? Probably this isn't PmWiki's direct fault, but I need to know
what's happening.

I just edited another page, but it worked now. Weird! Help!! :-)

[]s
Fabio